So as a fine art portrait and boudoir photographer sometime I have a hard time finding inspiration by just looking at other photography. I often find that mixed forms of media are the best source of inspiration for me. Films in general are always a great source of inspiration, but when mixed with music it’s like magic to my creativity. I guess you can say when the right song is put a scene in the film it can change everything.
I love movies and music and while I could come up with a 100 scenes that inspire me, I decided to come up with a list of 10 (okay 11), some are a little cliché, but are still awesome….
So my top 10 Best Music Movie Moments (In no particular order…although Magic Man is probably my personal favorite) are…
1. “Magic Man” – Heart, The Virgin Suicides
2. “My Father’s Gun” – Elton John, Elizabethtown
3. “Hold Tight” – Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich, Death Proof
This scene is one of the most graphic I have ever seen…so please only watch if you are okay with that 🙂
5. “Tiny Dancer” – Elton John, Almost Famous
6. “Let’s Kiss and Make Up” – Fred Astaire, Funny Face
Okay how could I not put in a musical scene from a movie about a photographer…
7. “Sweet Caroline” – Neil Diamond, Beautiful Girls
8. “Where Is My Mind” – The Pixies, Fight Club
9. “Wave of Mutilation” The Pixies, Pump Up The Volume
What can I say The Pixies make good music for movies 🙂
10. “Sweet Emotion” – Aerosmith, Dazed & Confused – Has to be one of the best simple introductions to a movie ever, it set the entire feel of the movie up….and how can you forget those cars!
and number 11, just because it makes me laugh
“I’m Alright” – Kenny Loggins, Caddyshack
Obviously there are a ton more…but these were just my favorites, I’d love to hear other favorites from everyone else!!